Wednesday, October 17, 2007

So who decided to give THIS film an oscar?

Now do not get me wrong, I am not entirely against Titanic. The movies displays some of the best cinematic scenes I have ever witnessed, and of course I am just as much of a Leonardo DiCaprio fan as Elton John. However, I would never classify this movie as science-fiction for obvious reasons: (1.) Jack and Rose were fictional characters (which severely disappointed me when I found out at the age of twelve). (2.) There is absolutely no way Rose would EVER subject herself to the horrendous pseudo-man that is Cal. Ugly does not even describe him. And (3.) It seems a bit sadistic to turn such a tragic historical event into a love story.
Alas, my opinion does not matter. However, I was able to find a similar opinion. The link presents a movie review written by Nathan Johnston, who works for Amazon.com. I found his review to be hilariously witty and sarcastic. For example, he stated: "I would not watch this movie again... EVER. Even if Claudia Schiffer and Cindy Crawford told me that they would both have sex with me I would still not see this movie again."

I would not go as far as to say I would never watch this film again, because I truly do appreciate the message it was trying to convey, it would just be nice to get an original love story once in a while. Is that so hard to ask?

1 comment:

kat-tan said...

I agree with Christie, it is a great movie and it is kind of sadistic to turn a tragedy like this into some romantic movie to make a hit. It's a great film but if I hear that song one more time I swear I will do something bad!