Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Presenting Fears


This link provides us with ten fears commonly associated with giving a presentation. From this we gather the do's and don'ts of presenting and what we can do not to make common mistakes that people usually make. Some of the stresses of presenting include preparing to much, trying to please everyone, and trying to mimick other speakers. We gather that we need to have our own style of speaking and remember not to be to critical of ourselves. I find myself often trying to please the whole crowd and am somewhat to critical on myself when i give a presentation. I expect it to go perfectly and have everyone's attention, but sometimes that cannot happen. This article gave me a good understanding of how a presentation should go and to take it easier on myself next time i have to present to a class.

No comments: