Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Public Speaking Web Help


In High School, I used to be one of the shyest people you would know. Well since then I've changed, and a lot of it was forced onto me by my public speaking teacher. I linked to a website that has some good advice including...

"Standing in a corner to hear your voice projected back at you so you can have an idea of what you sound like to a group of people."

"Practicing in front of a mirror to help with your eye contact and body language."

and

"Visualize your audience as not important."

Be careful with the last one. For a lot of people, it doesn't help imagining the audience naked, but what helps me is if you pretend your an expert on your topic and that the audience really wants to see a professional at work. Good luck on Thursday!

No comments: