Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Mummy


Ahhh..it's like music to my hears. The Mummy is one of those movies you really don't want to tell people you like because of the type of movie it is, but you don't care because YOU know it's a great movie. The movie kept me very alert and on the edge of my seat. I just HAD to know what was going to happen to the characters of the movie. I think it's sort of the same feeling for Roger Ebert, the world renowned movie critic. "There is hardly a thing I can say in its favor, except that I was cheered by nearly every minute of it. I cannot argue for the script, the direction, the acting or even the mummy, but I can say that I was not bored and sometimes I was unreasonably pleased." He gives the movie three stars. Mr. Ebert doesn't think this rendition has anything to do with the original classic also titled the same that was released in 1932. It has no bad guys or any great cinematic action. He likes the dialogue of "The Mummy"-the recent one- the prop work, and the graphics. He compares this movie to "Anaconda", "Congo", and "The Relic". "Art this isn't. Great trash, it isn't. Good trash, it is.

No comments: