Wednesday, September 12, 2007

In my backyard.

The movie Proof is a fanastic movie that was given four stars from Roger Ebert on his website. Ebert and I have a common connection to this movie, Ebert states" Having once spent a year as a University of Chicago doctoral candidate, I felt as if I were back on campus." I grew up on the campus and felt the same way while I was in the movie theater watching the film.
Ebert also considers the idea that Proof and A Beautiful Mind are somewhat similar, however, he throws out the idea saying "they are miles apart. A Beautiful Mind tries to enter the world of the madman. Proof locates itself in the mind of the madman's daughter, who loves him and sorrows for him, who has lived in his shadow so long she fears the light and the things that go with it." This review is pretty good. In the first paragraph we already have an idea about his feelings on the movie. He also points out that anyone can understand the movie even if they do not comprehend math, so right away he relaters to the movie to the audience.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050922/REVIEWS/509220307/1023

No comments: